Monday 25 April 2016

Tatsy Shuttle

Just back from Shuttlebirds and had such a wonderful time.  We left home at 8:20 AM and arriving at the hotel at 3:30 PM (+1) so an 8 hour drive including one border crossing.  Hubby brought his bike along and went for a ride along the many bike trails in Spokane, I went to tat.

Almost everyone there was wearing the Patti Duff Lanyard.  The finished lanyard has a nice weight and sits and flat against the neck without twisting.

I happen to have a Tatsy shuttle which can hold the 250 beads needed for the project.  This Kelly Green color 713 Lizbeth 20 thread was a trade I acquired at the conference and I bought a tube of size 6 beads and loaded up.  It is important to get the first double stitch of the ring tight against the previous bead but once that is in place the remainder of the ring goes quickly.

This project is perfect for travelling as it is only rings so no ball thread is required.  Once I had a good length tatted, I temporarily attached a small hook to the lanyard and everything fit neatly into my eyeglass case along with a pair or cheaters (eyeglasses).

This pattern is very versatile and a good beginner project. The lanyard can be wrapped around the wrist to make a bracelet and depending on the endings it can be used for eyeglasses, name tags or a matching pendant added. You have an endless choice of bead and thread combinations. The finished length is 32 inches long.






8 comments:

  1. That pattern is on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes quickly once all the beads are on.

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Shuttlebirds. Hope to see you again next year. Your lanyard looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patti. I am not sure what I will attach yet. May need to make another as I only used half the tube of beads I purchased.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous lanyard!!! Great colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. It is a fun pattern with endless color possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the mixed beads, it great!

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting