Sunday 27 August 2017

Trim and Earrings

Someone else in tatland was putting trim on a shirt as it happens at the same time I was tatting with King Tut cotton quilting thread with the same thought.  I had bought two cotton shirts and will be wearing this one to Fringe next month.  If you see me wearing it be sure to say hello.

I believe the trim is a vintage pattern, can't remember where I found it but I had pulled quite a few books off the shelf and they have all been put away now.

I used a size 14 crochet hook to hook a chain and attached the tatting to the shirt.  I thought this way if there was any pull on the shirt it would be on the crochet not the tatting. I've sprayed with water and left overnight and it is laying very flat against the binding around the neckline.  I was able to ease the trim into that V at the bottom.

The earring pattern is one I found on the internet with no reference.  The beads are really too big for the thread but I didn't have time to search my stash as we had company in the spare room where the beads are kept so these will have to do.

If I was to do them again I would just pull off a yard from the shuttle as you don't use much ball thread for this pattern and all the beads are on rings so they are loaded on the shuttle. If I feel brave this may be a good pattern for the plane ride.

6 comments:

  1. It is a vintage pattern I will have to see which one I do remember this it is very popular and the snowflake and other things come from this beautiful arrangement too. love this thread and color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trim is absolutely gorgeous and goes so well with your shirt. Love the crochet footer. Rozella Linden has this pattern (at least the snowflake version) but I know I've seen it in much older public domain books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pretty trim really enhances your top. Perfect to wear to a tatting gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to look outstanding!!! What a fabulous set!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous trim for your top, and beautiful earrings, you will look lovely with both

    ReplyDelete

It is always nice to see that someone has commented on my posts. Your comment will be published after verification. Happy Tatting